Lifestyle - Fashion - Hair - Animals

Wednesday 25 October 2017

My first pageant: Miss Mystic Beauty 2017

Hey Lovelies!


I finally took part in my first on stage pageant, Miss Mystic Beauty  based in Worcester and I firstly have to tell you all it really was truly amazing.

There's a lot of negative views on pageants and why they exist but in the very few months of learning about them I have learnt so much and I would highly recommend if not to enter but to at least watch one to find out for yourself what they're about.




Most pageants are about empowering women and inspiring others whilst raising much needed funds for amazing charities and even taking part in community work.

This embodies all of that and more, the Mystic Beauty system also is about loving who you are and showing the beauty you have inside as well as out.



I was so lucky to win 1st Runner Up and The People's Choice award.... can you believe it? My first pageant and I came second to a very experience winner and the audience voted me their favourite. Two days later and I am still in absolute shock.

There are a few rounds and I wanted to show you all my outfits......


Onstage Interview
Dress: Misguided.co.uk


Eco wear
Using Express & Star newspaper clippings onto an old dress. The hot pink represents Breast Cancer Awareness, a charity I have always supported and the cobalt blue represents Prostate Cancer which is currently dear to my heart as two of my uncles were recently diagnosed!



Swimwear
Swimsuit: River Island
Belt: Sassy Fire


Fashion Wear
Dress: Mori Lee


Evening Wear
Dress: Mori Lee



Pageantry is not solely about looks... pageantry is so much more and is an amazing community. I was so releaved that the other contestants were actually really nice and there was absolutely no catty comments, no ill intentionally drama - we all got on really well and helped each other throughout the day and whilst the pageant was happening. Believe it or not if someone needed help getting into their dress - there was another contestant giving a helping hand.

I have to thank my amazing boyfriend, mother and family for coming to support me, they really helped me with my nerves. Thank you to everyone who donated towards the chosen charity and last but not least the Director of the pageant Jasmine Pratt for organising such an amazing system which I hope will flourish into a huge, well recognised system.

Moving forward I am so excited to officially be 1st runner/peoples choice and will be attending more pageants to support other ladies of all ages and backgrounds in their own journeys. Alongside this I hope to attend events and maybe give inspiring speeches to younger ladies.

Watch this space for YouTube videos based around pageantry, tips and more!




Doma-Nikki...x
Don't forget to visit my website www.domaniquesings.com
Connect with me on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook @domaniquesings
Share:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig