Lifestyle - Fashion - Hair - Animals

Tuesday 26 April 2011

Tips: Prom Dress Shopping 2011

Hi All!!

The prom season is fast approaching and I thought I would do a quick post for all those ladies who still haven't found their perfect prom dress and also what I think are fab styles for an eye catching dress.

Although I never had the oppportunity to attend my school prom due to the teaching staff taking away my years priviledge to have one *gutted* I have never stopped admiring gowns everytime I see them.

So firstly we are all aware of the typical sort of gown girls usually go for, the ball gown...




Well as much as I admire these styles of gowns, I do want to talk more about other styles that are just as lush. But also about the detailing that comes with choosing a dress for your prom.


Ball Gowns:
To get it out of the way; the most sort after style of gown for a prom, they come in a wide range of colours, styles and detailing. They make every girl feel like a princess; just make sure you choose the right style for you.




Colours:
You can either go for an eye catching gown by picking pink, turquoise, yellow or you can go for the classic look and go for white, purple, royal blue. I would say pick a shade that reflects your personality, if it must be black then do not hesitate. There is no rule that says you can not wear black to your own prom if this is the only shade you feel 100% comfortable in- unless your dress codes disallows it!





Detailing:
Wheher it is diamante's, feathers, beads, studs, ruffles or rhinestones don't go over the top! A medium amount can be enough; don't forget it is not your wedding day, it is your school/university prom. With a sprinkle of these across your dress, when the light hits them you will have a subtle sparkling aura... you do not want to blind your mates with too much fuss.




Short or Floor length:
The majority will choose floor length but those that are serious about working the dance floor will choose a short style. In all honesty there really isn't any competition and I would personally go for a floor length gown, but there are plenty of short styles to make others jealous.






Here are just a couple more of my favourites....











All these gowns are available onLight in the Box and the majority are available for under £200! The catch is you have to order them from China which is where they are all handmade and most available in a range of colours.

I have ordered from this site and you can see my dress here in a previous post.

So good luck to all you hopeful prom queens in your dress hunting and I hope you al enjoy your night!


Doma-Nikki...x
Share:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig