Lifestyle - Fashion - Hair - Animals

Wednesday 20 April 2011

Review: No7 & Poppy King Lipstick

Hi All!!







Product:
No7 & Poppy King 'Allure' Lipstick

It's Purpose:
"The Magic of Lipstick" A new range of lipsticks to suit all in seven luscious shades brought to regular No7 customers. With regards to the shade Allure- "Lip colour is so alluring, it draws people to you and doesn?t have to shout to do this, just whisper. For this look I designed a soft peachy shade, which is similar to a natural lip colour - perfect for women of all ages."







My Opinion:
I was gifted this lipstick to try out and review for you guys. The new range available to purchase in Boots has seven shades; I was given Allure to try out. It came gift wrapped which I thought was a lovely touch although I am aware this is not how it would be purchased in stores. The packaging is what I expected it to be when I first saw the promotional videos of Poppy King introducing it; as I have never seen any lippies with a similar packaging I think it stands out.

It is a lovely peachy shade and feels lovely when applied to my lips. I have to say it is quote sheer but used with a lip liner in a similar shade will make the shade 'pop' a little more. For me to use it it appears quite natual against my skin....



With flash



Without flash


As you may know this is not a shade I would usually buy as I prefer shades such as pinks and reds that I wear on a daily basis. I do however own a few natural shades of lippy and wear them occasionally- not too often, but often enough. I will be wearing this often though I think, what do you think....





I think I will make this a regular look now on those days where I just want to look natural!! A definate thumbs up :)


If you are interested in some more information on the range by No7 and Poppy King then take a peek at this video...









Doma-Nikki...x
Disclosure: I was sent this free lipstick to review. All views and opinions expressed are my own.
Share:

3 comments

Imo said...

Its quite a nice soft peachy nude. Im yet to check these lippies out

Unknown said...

This colour looks really lovely on you xx

Doma-Nikki said...

Thanks ladies :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig