Lifestyle - Fashion - Hair - Animals

Saturday 8 January 2011

I want to get into Photography ♥

Hi ALL!!

So I really want to get into photography, as you may know I model as a hobby but i'd really like to learn film photography. This has recently become more of a obsession when I read this article in Company magazine.






'Ladies who Lens' is about three women who photograph using film camera's and they have inspired me more and more to go for it. I love Company magazine, so I am so glad they had this article to help me out.

I have recently been experimenting with the settings on my Samsung camera and also editing some of my photo's. Here's a few images....









As you may be able to tell I am really into the whole Retro, 60's and Vintage style of photography.

I have been eyeing up these camera's and unsure what to get at the moment but I love the style of each camera......





Fisheye No2 Pink Edition


Diana Mini White


Diana F+ Chrome




Do any of you girlies use a film camera or have any tips for buying/using one?

Doma-Nikki...x
Share:

7 comments

25FLNDN said...

I'm my experience, those cameras are more fun than.. 'serious'?
I take photography as part of my Architecture degree (one of my tutors is an Architectural Photographer) she recommended the Nikon F2 SLR. It's pricey & I'll get one when I'm really interested.

Tbh, if you want to start off small & just experiment without making a huge commitment I'd say get a disposable film camera, see if you like what you take. Developing costs a lot, if anything, just take pics first with a regular digital camera/read a book about photography & see if you want to move to film!

Carlito86 said...

Lovely pics! Thanks for your comments on my post about which camera to get, think I'm going to get the Canon :) xx

Doma-Nikki said...

Thanks for the comments girls, i think im def going to go for it. It is for fun and will be a hobby and these camera's aren't too expensive so why not :o)

Stephanie said...

Ahhhh LOMOGRAPHY CAMERAS ARE AMAZING.

I have the Mini Diana and its amazing.

I would suggest the Diana F+ as the Mini Diana is essentially the smaller version of it..there's no difference.

Stephanie said...

@H Lomography cameras are used as serious cameras and have been used by many established photographers.

A lot of people tend to replicate the "lomo effect" on photoshop but if you can get the original camera as shown above, it would be a bonus!

And it costs under a fiver to process if you go to the right stores "tesco / Jessops"

Halle Anderson said...

Make sure the camera you buy has a big lens! The bigger the lens, the more light it brings into the picture! Great blog! I love the pink fish eye camera! Come visit me at www.HalleAnderson.com

25FLNDN said...

@ Stephanie - I said 'in my experience' Lomo cameras are more fun than serious. That's because I have a White Diana F+ Edelweiss, & I find the vignetted effect fun. I'm comparing my experience to my Sony DSLR A700, which I'd class as a serious camera because the aim is not to have a fun effect.

& £5 per time adds up if you like to take a lot of pictures, especially as you have to buy film before you can get film developed. Each time can cost from £8-£30 (from the roll to end result) depending on the type of film you use & if you develop B&W.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig