Lifestyle - Fashion - Hair - Animals

Tuesday 2 June 2009

Trends: Arm Candy

Hi All!!

So as pre-determined by Vogue magazine, "this seasons most desirable arm candy is decorative and small". I am a big fan of arm candy and i own quite a few pieces, 40 to be exact (wowzer i didnt realise it was that many until i counted them all lol!!) I own them in a range of styles, colours and sizes.. from clutches to overnight bags. Now is the time to stock up cute, unique pieces for the summer.



I believe every fashionista should own at least one item from the following list and here are my reasons why....


Clutches
I own a few of these stunners but I have to say, I could do with alot more. A clutch should always compliment an evening outfit, without this form of accessory an outfit is simply not complete. Clutches are always best served with a side order of matching heels and/or a possible matching belt/accessories.

Shoulder Bags
I rarely use these small bags purely because i cannot fit all my essential items in them such as my purse, umbrella, diary, keys.. you get the picture! But if im making a quick trip to the shops or the pub then these are the ideal bag. If a woman can use one of these for everyday use and have the ability to fit all of her essentials in there without needing to leave something out... then high five!!!

Designer Bags
Who doesn't love a bit a of Designer? I'm sure no one put their hand up then!! I sure do, owning bags by Dior, D&G, Diane Von Furstenburg, Gucci and Fenn Wright Mason, it has to be said i could not live without a designer bag in my wardrobe. You may be paying for the label, but your not going to see a ton of other ladies walking around wearing your exact arm candy and think... do i pull it off better then her?

Oversized Bags
Mainly for everyday use to take with you to work, university or shopping; oversized bags are a great fashion accessory. You can put almost everything in them and they can't be missed, so if your going to use them then make a statement and go for bold, bright, unique styles.

Overnight Bags
So your going away for the weekend, or your spending a night at your fella's, it doesn't mean you can't carry your pj's in style! Besides the usual suitcases, alot of high street retailers offer you fabulous overnight bags big enough for short trips away so take advantage. I personally enjoy carrying my pj's around in a bowlers style bag by Von Dutch or a mini suitcase by Diane Von Furstenburg; both bought from TK Maxx at bargain prices!!


Recycled/Canvass/Straw Bags
Help save the world and buy a shopper bag instead of using plastic bags from retailers. You can now buy them almost anywhere, i own two from ASOS and French Connection and i think their brill. If you can find one with a slogan on them then thats even better. Aside from these bags being a fashion statement, they also show you actually care about the environment.



Doma-Nikki...x
Enjoy? Follow me and i'll follow you!!
P.S Major thanks to those who are following already!
Share:

2 comments

Kristina said...

thanks for the information=] definitely giving me a reason to purchase some more new bags this season and for the rest of summer until fall...LoL!

oh btw, I am a bag-a-holic. more bags than I know what to do with.

Doma-Nikki said...

It's ok! I don't need a reason to buy bags, im obsessed with them too :o)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig